Celebrating Earth Day (every day) at Xos!
Earth Day began in 1970 as a day to honor the earth and encourage its citizens to take the necessary steps to help preserve and celebrate it. In doing so, we can help combat climate change, and make the earth a cleaner and safer place to live. Xos is committed to protecting our earth not only today, but all year round.
How is Xos contributing to a cleaner earth?
Our vehicles are 100% battery-electric, omitting the need for diesel to fuel our trucks. Diesel trucks contribute to burning almost 50 billion gallons of fuel each year, and that’s just for medium and heavy-duty vehicles. This amount of gas not only contaminates the air we breathe, but also contributes to major health issues in many communities around the world.
In addition to our vehicles, we’re taking extra steps at all of our office and warehouse locations to reduce our carbon footprint. Here are some examples:
- Going paperless for the entire week
- Continuing to recycle, and we’ve added compost bins to our offices
- Encouraging people to carpool to work
- Using reusable containers for food
- Not using any plasticware with food or takeout
Xos commits to:
- Getting our Los Angeles HQ green-certified
- Reducing plastic and paper waste
- Being mindful of unnecessary lighting turned on
- Educate our team on proper recycling and composting methods
In past years, Xos has teamed up with TreePeople, an environmental advocacy organization, to help plant trees in the Santa Monica Mountains right here in Southern California, and have participated in beach clean-ups, just to name a few.
How can you contribute to a cleaner earth?
- Recycle, recycle, recycle!
- Not a long commute? Take a walk or ride your bike
- Save water (especially in areas with high drought rates)
- Purchase cleaner foods that don’t use fertilizers (fertilizers pollute the earth!)
We’re looking forward to continuing to contribute to a greener earth, and we hope you do, too! Join us in taking action to reduce our carbon footprint and celebrate Earth Day. Below are a few resources to help you get started!